Thursday, May 9, 2013

8; T i m e s S q u a r e


Well, hello hello!



Its been quite a while since my last post but I'm finally glad to say that I'm back again!


It feels good to be able to relax for once and not feel any kind of pressure/stress.
I've had to deal with preparations for New York, Kyary concert, school, and on top
of that I had more hours at work too ...

Now that I have more free time, I'm finally able to thoroughly clean up our apartment.
On top of that being at home for once instead of running around everywhere.

Feels good to just be at one place for an entire day.
(◡‿◡)


About two weeks ago Steven and I had the pleasure to attend the Kyary concert in
New York City.

(*^ワ^*)

It was an amazing experience! 
Even sightseeing was just as fun!
I lived in New York before, though, never did I have the opportunity to go visit Times Square.
I've never had the chance to visit Central Park as well.





See, if compared to a typical blogger ...
I'd be a terrible example of one.
I had in mind to take lots of pictures of the area, yet all of my focus was mainly on exploring.






And for a ... bonus picture!


Mr. Cutie, aka Steven

(^ω^)

The sightseeing through times square and through
 other areas was definitely something I'd like
to experience again.

Steven and I refused to take any form of transportion for our voyage so we ended walking everywhere.
We arrived to New York on the 13th of April and wasted no time with our journey.
 I'd like to believe we walked over 8 miles that very same day we arrived ...
My legs were killing me around the evening time.

I was very nervous from the beginning though Steven was very comforting and patient with me.
I definitely felt the shot of anxiety zip right through a couple of times after arriving to New York.

The weather at time we were in New York was just perfect!
 It was at around 44/50ish degrees (in fahrenheit) during the weekend.
I remember how Florida was just really humid and the weather was at around 88 
degrees before we left.  It was a major difference in weather and I couldn't have been happier.

We were only in New York for about three days, the 13th, 14th, and 15th.
Though, we spent majority of the 15th at the airport so technically two days was 
well spent in New York?

Also, I was surprised at how I didn't spend as much money as I thought I would.
I live in Orlando, Florida and basically Orlando is known to be tourist central.
All of the popular shops they had in Times Square, they have them here too.
So, hopefully for my next trip back to New York I can have more time to explore 
and be able to find any secluded, underrated shops to check out.

Though, thanks to Steven he found out about a Macaron Cafe
 within the area and a Japanese bookstore called Kinokuniya!
Obviously we ended buying some macarons and some magazines!





Overall, I would love to go back again especially around Spring time!
I've been contemplating about having another mini vacation in Times Square as a 
birthday present to myself.

I'll be turning 23 this year in December so I'd love to just experience everything again. 
Except, with my boyfrand this time.

✖‿✖



Has anyone ever been to Times Square before?
How did you like it?

I didn't want to try to squeeze everything into a single post so,
the next post will be completely about the Kyary concert. 



For more pictures related from the trip click any of the links below. 

Macarons | Kinokuniya | Jmagazines purchased | 6% Doki Doki tribute | Steven's Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment