Monday, July 29, 2013

Metrocon 2013: A success.

It was such a nice and fun day. ☆⌒(*^∇゜)v



So, as it was anticipated, my friends and I had ventured out to Tampa to attend this year's Metrocon
(While, the one on my right in the picture above is actually my new boyfriend. (・∀・) )


Also, I cosplayed for the very first time ever as Rei Ayanami from Neon Genesis Evangelion. 
I'm wearing her school girl uniform from the series in which I bought off of bodyline.


 It was so exciting! (/^▽^)/

Usually whenever I attend a convention I either wear my normal clothing or I go dressed in lolita.
I'm really glad I went through with this cosplay because I've received so much positive attention from it.
 I'll never forget this random girl who had approached me and she flat out told me that face was perfect ...
I mean, that's a pretty surprising compliment on my book. (⌒_⌒;)
I've never really had anyone do that before ...
It felt nice to hear that actually. ✿


My friends and I normally do not attend con events so we did our usual thing.
We walked through the whole con, took some pictures of cosplayers, meet up with some
other friends, and shop through the dealers room. 


If my facial expression appears to be ... odd in all of the pictures its mainly because
I was attempting to remain in my Rei persona. Of course, I acted as my goofy self though
with pictures I tried not to smile as hard or even smile in general. Since Rei barely smiles to 
even begin with ... Its funny actually, due to the fact that I've been told that I have a really bubbly, 
outgoing type of personality yet all of my favorite characters in anime are mysterious, quiet, stern ...
In a sense, they almost lack personality.

For example, Rei from Evangelion, Homura from Madoka Magica ... Mikasa from Shingeki no Kyojin.
They are all also the strongest character  in their series which was the one thing I've always admired about
them. Oh, and in fact,  they are all infatuated with the protagonist of their series too ... They find
purpose in protecting the protagonist and only want what's best for them.

Which, I can't help but to admire that aspect as well.  ♡


As I've mentioned the shopping around ...
I did buy a few things in the dealers room. 
I didn't buy much but I'm really happy with what I've bought.
♡(´ ▽`).。o♡







I was secretly hoping for some Shingeki no Kyojin stuff to be on sale ...
Primarily, figurines though I've been snooping around on eBay prior to the con and
there's really not much SNK stuff on there. I've managed to run into one Mikasa
figurine and it went for about $200.

(>。☆)


Overall, we had a blast at Metrocon and it was such a refreshing experience.
For once, no one was dissatisfied and we've also met new people throughout the day. 
Being around my friends and my boyfriend also made the experience even more thrilling.
I have not had that much fun at a con for a while now.

I am totally and absolutely hyped up for the next con that comes my way.  ★彡
(Oh, and now I'm contemplating on what to cosplay next? If I am even able to
attempt another anytime soon that is.)




No comments:

Post a Comment